Friday, July 15, 2011

How do you know the Bible is accurate?

I was thinking about the bible and blind faith--having blind faith in God, okay I get that. Totally, something/someone made us, the world, etc. So to get to my main question: since the Bible is likely just a collection of stories (that people wanted to get known for having the best Jesus tale, no doubt) that some dudes decided what would help and what wouldn't (either based upon personal gain or not), threw out some (the Apocrypha and who knows what else) and said, here. Believe this or you will burn forever. I'm going to scare the hell out of you into doing what I think is right. This also leads me on a train of thought to what the textbook committee is doing--throwing out things that make America look bad. Oh, please, let's not remember the bad things so we can learn from them. So do you have to have faith in the bible to have faith in God? To me, it would be like having faith in all those turds from my college English courses that wanted to be soooo cool. Any thoughts are appreciated. I'm in a weird gray line right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment