Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dryer not working yet again.. still getting no heat. what could be the problem this time?

One day last week I went to do a load of clothes and my dryer wasn't heating up the clothes... I called an appliance place to come take a look at it... He checked it of and told me that the dryer was fine but on closer inspection the outlet was burned out... like it got shocked.. I get charged a service fee even though he was in my house for all of maybe 5 minutes... in comes an electrician... who replaces the outlet an such and declares it in working order... I go to do a load of laundry since I was told everything was in working order... Well it wasn't...The dryer was still not getting the clothes dry.. So make another call to Appliance place, who tells me that it's probably the power cord.. It needs to be replaced.. So it gets bought and go to put the new one on... it's the wrong cord.. they sold me the wrong cord... they were the ones that handed me the cord.. so I bring it back and get the right one...Figure ok.. now we are back in business.. I can get some clothes dried.. nope still not working.... Call appliance place again... how promptly comes out takes the dryer apart, pulls out the heating element and shows me the damaged coils... yep the heating element was bad... So of course a brand new one was bought and put it... figure this is it.. Now I can finally dry clothes... And I do for 4 loads.. I started my 5th load... and guess what... NO HEAT AGAIN!!!! I'm at my wits end. Unfortunately they are the only appliance repair place around... I don't want to have to pay for another repair place to come out and be even more money.. the dryer isn't very old... maybe 5 years... what else could possibly be wrong with it??? I need my dryer.. I have 6 kids and it need to keep up with laundry... the laundry mat gets to expensive.. been there before, no way to I want to have to lug loads and loads of laundry around to the laundry mat and have to take the kids with on top of that... I don't want to go through that again. can anyone help me figure out what the problem is with my dryer this time???

No comments:

Post a Comment