Monday, July 11, 2011

Question for Austin women?

I'll be moving to Austin in September. I've visited there a few times after getting out of college here in Boston. I did some traveling to decide which would be the best place to settle in. There were only a handful of states I didn't go to. For some reason, and I don't know why, but a lot of places I went to, women (and I'm 23) in too many of these places just had very little idea of what class is. Too many places seem to be overrun with females dressing skimpy, talking like they don't have a clue (the word "like" every third word), and very little concept of culture-other than trashy pop culture. The whole Stepford cloning of those big sunglasses, furry boots, and mindless drivel was pretty common. But somehow, and I'm not sure why, but women in Austin (in my age group) were NOTHING like this! They seem to have a solid concept of class! Of course, they're the best looking women I'm sure I'll ever see (the blondes and brunettes down there literally put me in a state of shock!), but I noticed many things other than that. The places they frequented and things they did for example. The Warehouse District was FULL of (as was Town Lake) classy twentysomething, highly educated women who were secure in themselves, not literally walking around with a LOOK AT ME! sign painted on their foreheads. It was as if they were secure in themselves. I enjoyed many topics of conversation with a few educated beauties there, mostly at outdoor restaurants and a few bistros (of which are numerous). Church may play a part in it, as almost all I met were Christians, and maybe UT plays a part as well. They loved working out I noticed, and talking about the arts was big as well. They weren't into this whole conformity cloned thing (big sunglasses, furry boots, dressed scantily) AT ALL! I don't know how you do it, but I've never met more classy, educated females anywhere I've been, and trust me, it's not even close! How diverse they are was SHOCKING! I honestly would never have suspected that. Another thing that was readily apparent is how open minded women there are, that stood out right away! Most places now, so many women are snobby, or plain rude. But there, the women were very friendly to anyone, and extremely open minded. So how do you do it? How do you manage to not fall into these traps that have become like a plague in too many places? To be so open minded, have class, and be so educated, whereas most seem to have forgotten that? Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment